Using the morning after a pill has both advantages and disadvantages associated with it. Here are some advantages and disadvantages that you should be aware of:
1. This may be your last chance to avoid unwanted pregnancies.
2. If you are 17 or over, you do not need a prescription to buy morning after pills. You can get it soon after having unprotected sex
3. By consuming these pills you can avoid unnecessary stress and tension around an unwanted pregnancy.
4. Even if the pills fail to prevent pregnancy, they will not harm the baby
5. These pills will not affect your chances of becoming pregnant in the future. Your fertility remains the same and returns with your next period.
6. Studies show that this morning after pills effectively reduces the risk of endometrial and ovarian cancer.
1. They can cause some side effects. Some common morning symptoms after the pills are nausea, vomiting, dizziness, diarrhea, abdominal pain, headache, irregular bleeding and chest pain
2. Morning after pills may also cause some serious side effects such as liver disorders, gallbladder disease, high blood pressure, and blood clots in the heart, intestine, and lungs
3. They can cause serious health complications in women suffering from diabetes, heart disease and migraine
4. They may also have side effects in women over 35 years of age and have cardiovascular disease, deep vein thrombosis, liver problems, and breast cancer
5. Using morning after pill increases the risk of ectopic pregnancy. In such a pregnancy, the embryo accumulates in the fallopian tubes rather than in the womb. If you use morning after pills, your pregnancy may go unnoticed. This is because the symptoms of ectopic pregnancy are similar to the side effects of the pills: nausea and abdominal pain. If left undiscovered for a long time, this may be fatal
6. In addition to these side effects, the body may have an allergic reaction to the medicine, causing rash and breathing problems
7. In addition to the physical side effects of the body, emergency contraceptive pills may have a greater social impact. Easy free access to an urgent contraceptive pill raises questions about its misuse. Many people believe that this may lead to increased pro-AIDS, sexually transmitted diseases and increased sexual violence against women. Although the use of morning after a pill is essential to avoid pregnancy after unprotected sex, use should be avoided regularly.